Re: [Harp-L] Microphone of Michael Polesky at the 2009 West Coast Jazz Harmonica Summit

Hi All,

Ron wrote:

I think this is the first time I've ever seen a harper with a hand held mic
that is employing a wind screen. The mic looks to be a Shure 58. I assume
the windscreen may be to cut down on metallic clanking noises. Thoughts?
ron

Well, it really is a Fireball original with an adapted "ball" that looks more like a Shure 58 than the ball I received with my Fireball. Audix makes more than one "ball" that fits the original Fireball (no volume control) and, at the advice of my friend Chris Wienk, I ordered one up for $10 or $15 so that I could grasp the microphone more easily.

Since I hold the mic by the "ball" (so to speak) I employ a windscreen to prevent me from clunking around too much. It also allows me to boost the bass a little bit more because I am not knocking my Renny against anything hard. So, Ron guessed correctly ;-). Hope that answers the question.

Michael