[Harp-L] Re: Steve Guyger night report from HARP

In my opinion Steve Guyger is a monster player and a great guy.
I had the pleasure of touring with him in Brazil with Bends Harmonicas last
October and everybody was amazed with his artistry.
His knowledge of the blues is really deep and we had a great time hanging around.

Here's a video of him in Brazil playing our harps:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QdXe5AZlNs&feature=related

Thanks,

Thiago Cerveira
http://www.bendsharmonicas.com
http://www.myspace.com/thiagocerveira

Message: 4 Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 03:39:27 -0800 (PST) From: Emile Damico <oatss_oatflakes@xxxxxxxxx> Subject: [Harp-L] Re: Steve Guyger night report from HARP To: fredrider51@xxxxxxx Cc: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx, harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx Message-ID: <172384.16580.qm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii

Yeah man you could the feel the LOVE.

________________________________ From: "fredrider51@xxxxxxx" <fredrider51@xxxxxxx> Sent: Wed, March 3, 2010 9:47:03 PM Subject: Steve Guyger night report from HARP

Hi HARP members
It was Steve Guyger night at HARP and I think all had a blast .Steve was the
first harmonica player ever saw about 15 years ago at a open mic at
Warmdaddies in Philly and he made me want to listen and learn about the
blues.My friend Mark Polito was at the clinic last night and he also played
at the open mic.
He started giving me tapes with all the harp players we listen too.I
listened for like 10 years.Then I bought a harmonica and a book from a guy
named Marcos.I been trying to play ever since.So Steve and Mark inspired me
to play this pocket full of soul.
I hope everyone had a good time because Mark, Elwood,David and a few others
expressed a great time.If you have a comment please let me know.One other
thing the next paid for event I will get some bottles of water
We also need and agenda for our next meeting and some of the newer players
want to have a Garage Jam ASAP also have to start working on our 2nd
anniversary jam at Holy Smoke..