Subject: Re: [Harp-L] HOHNER CHROMATICS

Agree...CX-12 the favourite...as long as you carry them in ALL of the  va
rious keys the black CX-12 comes in. Quite a few of us don't only  play Key of
C chromatics.

Then, many players still prefer 16-hole instruments such as the Super 64,
Super 64X, the 280.

My personal favourite is the Super 64. I don't find my 3 leaky at all. The
shape of the cover plates are a huge improvement over the 280 - the entire
design seems to make for far less 'leakiness'.

For a fairly reasonably priced 16 hole chromatic it has a lot going for it:
 gorgeous rich tone, extremely smooth mouthpiece -everything rounded and
silky  (silverplated). Definitely my hands-down favourite Hohner 4-octave
instrument.

There are others (Meisterklasse,etc.) but I haven't played them.

Elizabeth

"Message: 5
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 21:17:34 -0800
From: Arthur  Jennings <timeistight@xxxxxxxxx>
To: dave robbins <drobbins5658@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc:  harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

CX-12 for the win.

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at  7:45 PM, dave robbins
<drobbins5658@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

>  Hi,
>  I'll be soon offering brand new hohner chro's( and diatonics)  for sale
at
> very discounted prices, mostly on ebay and website. Just  wondering which
> hohner chromatic models do you all mostly  prefer??
> thx 4 your help !
> dave

Arthur  Jennings
http://www.timeistight.com

------------------------------
Message:  6
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 00:21:37 EST
From: MundHarp@xxxxxxx
To: drobbins5658@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc:  harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

In a message dated 05/03/2010 11:46:09 Malay Peninsula  Standard Time,
drobbins5658@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  writes:

<<  Just wondering which hohner chromatic models do  you all mostly
prefer??

I like 270's Hohner's  Super  Chromonica, most of my chroms are that
model.
If I were to re-equip,  I'd be tempted by the CX-12, which is louder, and
has a more "bluesy"  tone.

I'm not a fan of 4 octave harps, they mostly leak too  much.

Best wishes

John "Whiteboy" Walden
Cebu  City
Philippines"