Re: [Harp-L] Sonny Junior Super Sonny redux

I agree with Richard wholeheartedly on these points. In my case though, the
 amp can also punish me. I have to be more attentive to intonation and
attack  than usual. Especially using the 12ax pre amp tube instead of the swap
tube  (5751 me  thinks) that Gary provides. The swap tube gives me more "head
 room", and is a bit more forgiving. But with the original 12ax the amp
screams a  bit more intensely when you when you are hitting it "just right".
Makes me  pay more attention to my techniques

Richard is also right on about the rewards. A well played note is "right
there". The amp really is a pleasure  to listen to and play  through. The
chords and octaves jump out at ya, and tongue slaps and flutters  dance through
the speakers.

Gary's obsessions are the world of harp amps' reward.  Thanks Gary.  The
amp makes me want to use it more and more.

Chris Mastakas

In a message dated 3/6/2010 11:18:13 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,