Re: [Harp-L] Re: GM harps

"The only possible differences would lie in the riveting and
offsetting of the reeds, and the tuning accuracy (I'd have thought these things are pretty significant). I've not always
been able to detect a consistent quality difference between
instruments assembled in China and those asembled in Trossingen,
though of course the latter are high end models and get more care."

So Steve are there any plans to look after those people who like to play GMs a little better?

Apart from the equal temp tuning - which shouldn't be an issue for serious players, who will be fine tuning their instruments anyway. The depth of the GM is better for those people like me who seek more of a jazz tonality and therefore don't want open backs and would ideally prefer a slightly thicker guage plate, as in the MS Meisterclasse / Cross Harp. A GM deluxe with a comb like the crossover would be very nice

Thanks

Bill