[Harp-L] Which One

A previous post wrote

"Need some help trying to decide whether to buy the 1847 in Silver or Silver
plus?My Blues Harps are no longer reliable"

I don't think the issue is necessarily with the Blues Harp or Hohner, but rather having a choice of paying more and getting a better instrument. The 1847 Silver/Silver+ will almost certainly be better than the Blues Harp. It should be too, as the price is more than double.

Given the decision to spend more for a better instrument, a good approach would be to try all the premium models now available, from Seydel, Suzuki and Hohner (e.g. the new Crossover). They all should be better than the Blues Harp, with prices to match. The final instrument chosen may be a Hohner, maybe not. Thankfully we have a choice these days.

Tony Eyers
Australia
www.HarmonicaAcademy.com
...everyone plays