[Harp-L] Fatbottom Mics

I just joined harp-l and was reading some archives when I saw Fatbottom Mics listed, so I followed the thread. I don't know if I can join their thread, but I'd like to put in a couple of cents worth. Chuck is a very kind, helpful builder, who wrote back and forth with me quite a bit helping me decide what I wanted in a mic. I must say that I couldn't be happier with the results. If you're looking for a "down and dirty" blues sound, you'd be hard pressed to find better. My mic is a 520DX shell which Chuck completely reworked and installed one of his black, circa 1952 elements. He did not go overboard in building it up to me, and his only comment was, " it's smokin' ". That is an understatement! This thing's a bomb!! The best comment I've heard so far is that it "honks like a wounded goose". I highly recommend Chuck and his mics as they are both class acts.
Lare Sattler
The Little Chicago Band
Canton, Ohio