[Harp-L] Guitar wars

Took my Super Reverb Reissue out to a blues jam that's been run for the last several weeks by some musicians i enjoy playing with. I'd stopped in before, but I got tired of playing through some other harp player's Blues Jr. & green bullet mic'd through the PA. Too much distortion for me. So. I decided to bring in my own tube amp to play through.

Anyway, I set the SRRI volume at the sweet spot (which, for me is 7, going into the #2 input of the reverb channel and having swapped out the 1st two preamp tubes for lower gain). I used the volume control on my 545 Ultimate to set playing volume, and didn't mic the amp. Now, some of the guitar players there get aggressively loud when things start to rock hard. One of the loudest politely asked me if i would turn down my amp a little.

Great tone, articulate response, good projection and certainly more than enough volume available. Those four 10s move a lot of air. i haven't played out with this amp since i got my 545 Ultimate last year, but setting the amp volume for optimum tone and controlling performance volume w/ the VC on this mic seems to be a very practical and effective way to do it. And I certainly didn't get washed out by the guitars. Fun experience.

FWIW.

JP