[Harp-L] re: Harmonetta Reeds and Parts

Depending on how many reeds and what parts need replacement, I'd suggest that Bill consider getting another, functioning Harmonetta and use the one he got as the spare one.

Hohner may have replacement reeds (I'd be a bit surprised but you never know) but I'd doubt they have replacement parts and a lot of the finicky bits would need to be handmade via copying, IIRC. I've taken one Harmonetta apart and ended up trading it towards another one that was already working--and remember, I build complex musical instruments for a living, just the Harmonetta was such a pain I didn't want to bother.

I always loved Doug Tate's advice on fixing Harmonettas:

"Take it apart and then slowly back away."

And he was a Harmonetta world champian.

Brilliant instrument, pain in the...to work on.

JR Ross