Re: [Harp-L] Harmonetta Reeds and Parts

On Mar 13, 2010, at 1:51 PM, Michael Polesky, MPA wrote:

Hi All,

Does anyone know of a source for harmonetta reeds and parts? Bill Barrett just got one and it needs some replacement reeds and parts. Any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance,

Michael

Many years ago the late great Doug Tate made a stainless steel reeded Hohner 270 12 hole chromo. I was under the impression (at that time) that he made the reeds himself. It turned out that the reeds were from a harmonetta. Ergo:

Since there are harmonicas (Seydel) made today with stainless steel reeds, you may want to look into using THEM for your reed stock needs. As for the other parts, the gaskets, while finickey, can be made by hand. Other parts? Hmm, you could try Hohner.

smokey-joe (I don ha to cho ju any steenkin badges)