Re: Subject: [Harp-L] Danny Boy version

"Danny Boy's" tune is the ancient Londonderry Air that has been used for many different lyrics.  Not all of them are as somber as "Danny Boy"

See:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Londonderry_Air

e.g.
"Would God I were the tender apple blossom
That floats and falls from off the twisted bough
To lie and faint within your silken bosom
Within your silken bosom as that does now."
etc.

Vern