Re: [Harp-L] Fender Twin Question

I have not owned a Fender Twin, but I have borrowed one a few times, while
my other amps have been being repaired.
I liked it. You can get a clean PA sound if you want, or a dirty Chicago
blues sound. They are very loud, so feed back can be a problem. Check the
archives here for alternative tube combinations.
But they are heavier than they look, so don't buy one if you have a bad
back!
I play chromatic and diatonic about 50:50 these days, and I have always
favoured bigger rather than smaller amplifiers.
"Try before you buy"... The mic you use will make quite a dfifference, I'd
go for a Sure SM-58 from choice, for a jazzy chrom tone.

John "Whiteboy" Walden
Cebu City
Philippines