Re: [Harp-L] New Stuff

Mikael B?ckman wrote
I have a new album out with my Old Time band, John Herny called "Rank
Strangers". A couple of tracks are out on our MySpace:

http://www.myspace.com/johnhenrytrio

I hope you enjoy it!

I have a question for the list, how many of you out there play
harmonica in old-time music?
Your "New Stuff" is terrific Mikael! I agree with the others about your beautiful harp work on "Wayfaring Stranger" but I also loved the rest of the samples, too. Good on all of Ya!

As to old-time music, I have several playing opportunities -- none, to my dismay involving my true love, straight acoustic blues. Most of my playing "out" is done in Bluegrass circles and in my area of Western Colorado that also means a good measure of Old-Timey as we call it and an occasional Blues tune. Not much distinction is made between Bluegrass and Old-Timey and many festivals are including both. I of course play harmonicas most of the time. But I also love to contribute some Rhythm Bones on tunes at every appropriate opportunity and I throw in some occassional Jaw Harp. Love it all!

Please keep us up to date with more "New Stuff!"

Michelle