Re: [Harp-L] Beginners question(s) - Rock N Blues Harmonica book

You guys were right about Jon. He has been very helpful since I emailed him regarding my lack of comprehension. I don't know how he does it with his schedule. One day I may get to attend a jam camp.
Mike

PMichael Rodgers wrote:
I bought this book based on rave reviews, author reputation and that it said 'for beginning through intermediate players'. Evidently there is beginner and beginner. I must confess this book confuses me. I have gone back to it several times and I always end up with more questions than answers. It starts with music theory on notes, chord progression, rhythm and such. That may be simple for some but I have no musical background and it confuses me to no end. I cannot picture it or hear it.

Am I missing something? Is there a prerequisite for the book? Heck, I'm still working on proper sounds and 'Oh, Susannah'.

I'll shut up now,
Mike