Re: [Harp-L] Re: Keyboard / Monitor Amps / Mackie SRM-150

If I was going expensive, I would buy a HG50 1210 and skip over the keyboard amp, etc. all together.  Expensive is relative to the situation anyways.  Regarding most pieces of gear, there are affordable options that are often hard to sort out on your own.  There are a slew of new/used keyboard amp options out there.  In my specific inquiry, something small is important.  Smaller amps tend to run less money than larger ones.

While I agree about Behringer, there are several options within Peavey alone to look at.  Quite overwhelming for someone with no knowledge base.  In an old YouTube, Billy Branch talks about using the Peavey 130 - a keyboard amp.  It is quite large, but can be found used for uner $200.  I am sure it was roadworthy for him.

Another thought is that the more expensive keyboard amps end up having all sorts of options that are not needed in this example.  Simpler amps tend to run less money as well.

Mike Fugazzi
Vocals/Harmonica
http://playingtheharmonica.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/niterailband