Re: [Harp-L] Prices of Harmonicas

Professional tubas retail for between $8000 and $20,000 each (used $4000 -
$10,000).  A professional tuba player in a major symphony orchestra is
proficient with three different horns...small-medium bore CC, large bore CC,
and small-medium bore F.

In 1990, I played a tuba audition in Naples Florida at the Naples-Marco
Philharmonic.  There were 100 tuba players there and the guy who got the
job, auditioned with three horns in tow.  The winner likely owned $30,000
worth of tubas, all to get a tuba job that (sadly) paid a mere $15,000 per
year.

All things have their own perspective.

In addition to owning (1) tuba and (1) bass guitar, I own hundreds (100's)
of harmonicas.

George