[Harp-L] The Price of Harmonicas

The price of harmonicas and the Hohner price increase, the "me too" Suzuki
price increase, etc. has already been discussed at length.  But, I would
observe that the fact that the subject keeps coming back around would
indicate that the industry has reached a tipping point concerning its
prices.  The very fact that people are thinking that much about harp prices
indicates a change in the marketplace thinking.  I don't remember seeing
these discussions a year or two ago and frankly, a year or two ago, I didn't
think that much about harp prices.  If I wanted a harp, I just bought it.
But, my off the cuff limit was apparently around 20 to 25 bucks>  But, now
that many quality harp prices are double that, I have pretty well quit
buying at least one new harp per month as I did for a long time.  And, while
I am exploring brands that I had previously ruled out, I am thinking about
repair rather than replacement or my existing harps.

Bill Kumpe
Tulsa, OK