[Harp-L] Re: mic for acoustic playing

I was given a Heil PR30 mic and this has become my choice for live
acoustic style playing.   It is intended for studio use, and has
wonderful detail and warmth.  I greatly prefer it over a SM58/57  It
was prone to pick up stage thumps but this was eliminated by the Heil
shock mount.  It is bulky and not suitable for hand held play.
Feedback is not a problem with an amplified harp-guitar-bass trio.   I
have not tried it at band-with-drumset volumes.  YMMV....

Jim R