Re: [Harp-L] recording

I've been playing harmonica in recording studios since about 1965... That's
 a Long time. I don't think I EVER have been 100% satisfied with ANYTHING I
have  ever recorded. I know I could most always have done it better in one
way or  another.
It comes down to, I think, simply "Give it your best shot"... Sometimes it
works well, sometimes it doesn't work quite so well. The main thing though
is:
JUST DO IT.
My grown up son Johnny, has a motto
"If it's worth doing, it's worth doing badly".
I have often found with live performances, that when I have thought "Wow...
 Tonight I'm on form"... Afterwards no one says anything, except perhaps
"It was  ok"
Then the next night I'll be falling un-inspired, and play those same old
cliches... afterwards folks come up and say "Wow that was AWESOME"...
It seems to me that an artist, of whatever variety, will never be able to
judge themselves accurately.
All the best,

John "Whiteboy" Walden

English harmonica player.
(Who lives in the Philippines.)
Just now in Phoenix, AZ, USA.

In a message dated 22/03/2010 11:54:21 US Mountain Standard Time,