[Harp-L] Music Related Charities

For the past three years I have hosted my own 40th B-Day Jam in June. For
those nosy and math challenged, that makes me 43 this June. Every year a
bunch of my musical friends come over and we jam all day and then in the
evening more people come to party and listen and we keep jamming. It is a
great time. Every year people want to bring presents and I have asked them
to consider their presence as their present. But it has been suggested that
I might suggest a donation to a charity instead of a present. I thought this
would be a great idea and thought that a music related charity might be a
good fit.

I would love some suggestions for music oriented charities. Please feel free
to suggest anything. I am open to educational, local, international,
faith-based... I thought for the 4th annual 40th B-day jam this might be a
great way to reinvigorate the event and be a significant blessing to a
charity that may be suffering in our economy. So please send on your
suggestions!

Derwood