[Harp-L] Harmonica Sales

I was in my local music store today checking out harmonicas. The sales
person mentioned that most of the chromatics that they sell are sold
to young visitors from Asia (Korea particularly). Usually the
purchaser comes with a list of items to purchase and the Hohner 270 is
a common item on that list. I presume the list is to fulfil their
needs for a music instruction program.

Although I didn't think about it at the time, I just realized that
none of the Hohner diatonics were in blister packs. I presume they are
removed from the packaging for ease of display. All were organized by
model on shelves behind the display case, as per usual, as were the
Suzuki and Lee Oskar harmonicas. I'd estimate 300+ diatonics visible,
in various models and keys.

The sales person also mentioned that the most popular diatonic is the
Marine Band but that they sell lots of Suzukis. Korg tends to be the
most recommended tuners.