Re: [Harp-L] Vocal Mike for Harp

I prefer "regular" SM58 mic's to the "Beta" version; they just seem to  be
a bit less "toppy"... Which I find better for harmonica.

One of my favourite mics is a predecessor of the SM58, the Shure
"Unisphere PE585". I bought one new back in 1971, and it's still going strong,  after
many thousands of gigs.Good on a stand for vocals, or hand held and
"cupped" for blues harp. It's strong and reliable, with a great tone.

John "Whiteboy" Walden,
English harmonica player.
(Who lives in the Philippines.)
Just now in Phoenix, AZ, USA.

In a message dated 25/03/2010 06:33:27 US Mountain Standard Time,