Re: [Harp-L] JJ Milteaus set-up

First of all, he may have that luscious pure warm sound in his inner ear to
 begin with. In other words, his preconceived notion of his sound is just
that.  This is different than "fat" tone or dirty bluesy tone.

Then, an SM-58 or other decent mic can be run into the PA - EQ down the
high frequencies, tweak the mids and lows to taste, add a dash of reverb
and/or  echo, and serve warm to an enthusiastic audience.

Charlie McCoy does the same thing.

Don't know whether JJ cups the mic or plays in front of it. Charlie doesn't
 cup usually.

It's a fun quest.

On your mark, get set......

In a message dated 3/25/2010 8:27:42 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,