Re: [Harp-L] Help with Majic Dick

Magic Dick sounds like Magic Dick with or without amplification...
When I was 13 years old I heard a Little Walter Jacobs record, and back
then I couldn't work out how he made his harmonica sound like a "horn"  either!
To get "that sound" Little Walter  used a cheap mic and a cheap  distorting
amp...
It wasn't anything exotic... It was simply what was available to him at the
 time!
But of course Little Walter simply had a "mega" tone just playing
acoustically... As does Magic Dick, and so do just about all great  musicians...

It reminds me of the question and answer...

"How do I get to Carnegie Hall?"

"Practice man... Practice!"

If you want to hear a harmonica played through the "Karaoke" input on  a
VERY cheap DVD player connected to an old TV set, using a one week old  $8 (US
Dollars)  Chinese "dynamic" mic, check out:

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdsFFveByi0_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdsFFveByi0)

John "Whiteboy" Walden,

English harmonica player.
(Who lives in the Philippines.)
Just now in Phoenix, AZ, USA.

In a message dated 26/03/2010 08:06:19 US Mountain Standard Time,