Re: Subject: [Harp-L] recording youtube videos & Zoom Q3 video recorder

Hey Elizabeth,

Thanks for the response. Yeah, that's me at the left. Maybe I'm like a
vampire - I don't register on film.

 <EGS1217@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>  Hey Rosco...long time no see ...   I had no idea where you were in any of
> these videos! Finally figured out you might be the guy with the cap in
> silhouette playing the great harp. :)

Unfortunately, the band is usually at the mercy of soundman/lightman types
who also often don't realize or care  there is a harp player in the band! :(

> While the sound quality was good, you have two choices: either to add a
> heckuva lot more light to the stage so each one of you is illuminated, or my
> preference - have a human behind the camera to film your band a lot closer
> to the stage using the telephoto capability to come in on each of you. It's
> never going to be as effective trying to capture the band in toto....the
> distance is just too great. It puts you all just too far away for any
> impact. The camera needs to be down in front. It'll also improve the sound
> quality..just don't have it directly in front of a speaker or amp...

I need to set up any camera/audio rig so that I can start at the beginning
of the set and not think about it again.
I guess if we want decent videos for youtube, which seems to be a necessity
these days, we'll probably have to hire the filming out.

It's a lot more effective a technique to focus on individual