Subject: [Harp-L] a Funny thing happened on the way to the harmonica store...

Hi again, Karl:

I seem to be one of those with a particular response to your queries.  I'm
glad it's working out for you with your chromatics. You'll probably buy
another at some point, but you shouldn't rush into it. Take your time to  find
the one to suit you. I still play one of my quite old and special  260's as
well, btw. It's a nice little chromatic.

 I now have 8 (count 'em) felines in residence, so I'd say your  cats are
definitely reacting to your playing, but not necessarily in a negative  way.
Cats have a way of removing themselves from anything they find
uncomfortable or which hurts their ears...yours would make themselves  scarce if the
sound was bothering them. They probably do actually like it....and  their
'aggression' towards each other is more that they've been stimulated and  are
merely acting out this new energy level...e.g...when one of mine sees a bird
on the windowsill he smacks the kitty nearest to him...even though he'd been
happily snuggling a couple of minutes before. It's purely a reaction to the
 stimulus of the bird being so close by.

Previously,  one of my older cats would climb on the counter  whenever I
sang along with the radio, nudge me hard and then bite the ends of my  hair
purring wildly..  I never quite knew then if it was a critique or  not...but
have since learned more about cats (and dogs) and now know she was  actually
expressing approval.

BTW my cats and dog all seem to enjoy the sound of my CX-12's in
particular,  haha..

I definitely do think you should videotape it. People seem to thoroughly
enjoy animal videos...and one incorporating harmonica would be of special
interest to some of us.

Elizabeth

"Message: 6