[Harp-L] archive search

The embedded archive search on the harp-l archive page is indeed returning
erratic results.  It has been broken for some time now.  An alternative is
available.

 www.harp-l-org

top of the page, use the Google Custom Search.  The one short coming of
that search is that it can only search what Google has indexed so anything
brand new will not turn up in your search result.  A good way to get up to
the minute search results is by using the search at

http://groups.google.com/group/harp-l

While I will eventually edit the html to reflect the non functioning
legacy search engine problem it won't be today.  It requires changing file
 permissions to do so and because of this involves just enough time that I
haven't gotten around to it yet.  Don't look for the pipermail search to
get fixed ever.  The code is older, free and not supported.  It's also a
package meaning the archives are compiled by the package.  Harp-l is
volunteer run and self supporting.  Constraints on resources being what
they are our focus is on the posting environment and keeping the site
running.

Replies to this e-mail are best directed to owner-harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx  This
is also the best address to use for reporting a problem or making
inquiries regarding the nuts and bolts of harp-l or help with a
subscription change etc.  I will be editing some of the html next week.  I
will endeavor to make that search engine problem more obvious when I do
make the other changes.

 thanks, harp-l-listowner