Re: [Harp-L] ? When to use Blues Scale or Major Pentatonic ?

A  lot of it depends if the chords are dominant 7th chords, or even if
just some of them.  That will suggest the blues scale, whereas a song
with all major chords suggest the major pentatonic more.  Listen to
the song.  Does it remind you of blues or folk/country?  It it better
to know the sounds of the scales and use your ear to hear what the
chords suggest than to have a hard fast rule that certain chords need
certain scales.
Michael Rubin
Michaelrubinharmonica.com