Re: [Harp-L] Subject: Suzuki diatonics available at Costco

Cool!, and thanks for the info.  But..I think you have to remember to  add
on $5.95 shipping costs (for a single - or up to 3 diatonics) from Coast to
Coast (their website states 'up to one lb')...and membership in the club
is an additional $29.95 for the year... (if I'm not mistaken?)

Costco doesn't charge for shipping and handling. Already figured in. Tax, I
 don't know about...guess that depends on where you live. (I'd be curious
if  folks outside of the US have to pay tax on a single harp?)

My premise was more for those who are interested in the new Suzukis (valved
 or otherwise)...to perhaps be able to check out a basic key of C from a
lot of  areas in the World who might otherwise not have 'a local music store'
(Costco  has warehouse stores in South America, India, Asia, Australia,
etc)...before  they placed a bigger order for more keys online from places such
as C2C or from  Danny G too for that matter:

    _www.newharmonica.com_ (http://www.newharmonica.com)

(Danny's been a great personal and generous friend to a whole lot of  us
harmonica players).

In my experience with Costco I've usually been able to return any item to
the local warehouse store. If that proves true with a harmonica or not, I've
no  idea, but it'd be interesting to find out.

Elizabeth

Suave Blues Man writes:

"Sister Elizabeth,

Suzuki price  comparison:
COSTCO     C2C   C2C w/  buyers club    Suzuki
Folkmaster         $19.99    $13.50      $12.15      $19.95
Harpmaster          $29.99      $29.99     $26.09               $42.95
Promaster           $39.99     $47.22     $42.50      $69.95
Promaster/v         $44.99      $53.97     $48.57               $79.95

If your local shop  handles Suzuki you might get a 25% or 30% discount.

**EGS:  "Really!?  Wow...where DO you live to get those kinds of  deals?
Does it apply to the chromatics as well?  There's only one 'local'  store in
my entire area ...and they sure don't give those kinds of discounts  when
they do decide to carry harmonicas. As a rule I've been buying mine at
conventions or online."

Then:

Suzuki     Suzuki  -25%      Suzuki - 30%
Folkmaster         $19.95           $14.96     $13.96
Harpmaster     $42.95            $32.21                 $30.06
Promaster             $69.95   $52.46           $48.96
Promaster/v           $79.95           $59.96         $55.96

Again, as you  said, key of C as listed on the COSTCO site.

Be Blues...And  Jazz,

Suave Blues Man