[Harp-L] The Rhythm Road

Hello Friends,
This is coming to you from Bahrain, where I am touring with the Little Joe McLerran Quartet on the Rhythm Road: American Music Abroad.  We are in the Middle East for a month on a cultural exchange, sharing American music with the people here.  The tour is sponsored by Jazz at Lincoln Center and the US State Department.  We're performing, as well as teaching workshops and masterclasses, both for adults and children.  Today, we had a fantastic time at a school, and I passed out a few dozen harmonicas and had kids playing "I'm a Man" in no time at all.  We'll be in Bahrain a few more days, then on to Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and Oman.

You can follow our adventure by reading my blog at http://davidberntson.blogspot.com
Our bass player, Robbie Mack, also has a journal at http://www.littlejoeblues.com/rmackjrnl.htm
To find out more about the Rhythm Road program, go to http://www.jalc.org/theroad/index.asp

David Berntson