Re: [Harp-L] FLAT!! But Maybe Not??

Joe Spiers wrote:
Sometimes the "helpful" guitar player will tell you the key of the harp he assumes you should be playing
The last time I had a "helpful" guitar player, he told me that I needed an A harp. For what key, I asked. For E, or really E minor. Sez I, no, I would prefer to play in 5th position. Let's see, that would be a <pregnant pause with no response> - that's right, a C harp I said (lying through my teeth because I play 2nd position for almost everything.) And, I continued, this tune really would be better with a hollow-body instead of your "strat".

Of course, it didn't matter to me, since both my A and my C are fine Joe Spiers custom harps, but it was fun and he left me alone after that...

-LM