[Harp-L] At Buckeye

Came to Buckeye today, put on a repair workshop. That was fun.

Warren Bee is one of the nicest people I have ever met. I met him today. I met Buzz Krantz and many other neat dudes.

Saw one of my diatonic heros, Peter Ruth. Was shaking in my shoes during our brief conversation, wanted to say "Dude, you are awesome!" or make other jackassy comment.

I walk in the hotel, look left and there is Phil "The Man" Caltabellotta and Dom Sgro sitting a table together. Phil got up about 30 seconds later and told me to take his seat next to Dominique, which was awesome of him, he knows I REALLY wanted to meet the Sgros. Then Bob Herndon shows up, sets his freakin' Harmonetta on the table next to me and I got to check it out and listen to Dom and Bob trade stories about back in the day, when stuff was awesome.  I pulled out Puleo Nos. 2 and 7 albums and Dominque signs them, I still have to get Tony Sgro's signature on them. Dom told me which of the songs were his arrangements and which he played lead on. I also sanded down a swath to bare wood on my chord harp, so Tony can sign my 48 chord (wish me luck).
I asked Dom if the story about Johnny Puleo pulling down Frank Marquis' pants on stage, exposing Frank's netherest of regions to the audience were true. He said it absolutely was and it was in some foreign concert where there was a king or something and other dignataries in attendance.
Then, Dom leaves to go do some important Sgro mission.  That left me and Bob at the table. Then Bob goes into this chord lesson about melodic chords with me. That was awesome. Freakin' awesome.

Did I mention what a great guy Warren Bee was?

Dave