[Harp-L] Celtic Harmonica tunes and the harp as used in song arrangements by John Coster

Thanks to Richard Hunter for his generous comments on *Maid Behind the
Bar*Vol 81, issue 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fop9PZsQ4ws

 I've posted a couple of my songs from a recent house concert/recording
session on Youtube. The links are below. The singing quality of the
harmonica makes it an ideal instrument for solos in song arrangements. I
think of the harp as my substitute for the violin. I imagine the melodic
variations I want, then try to play what I hear and don't rely much on stock
riffs. I like the XB40s because I can bend notes in a way I couldn't before
and because of their volume.So much to learn about this instrument, as
simple as it seems.
*
Back to America, *a new song of mine*, * is straight harp, an A XB40 is what
I'm using.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mki290q-RAE

*Old Stones Broken Bones* is a song I've played for years and recorded on
two albums. A live version with the Band Max Creek also exists on You Tube.
I'm using an F XB40, playing 3rd position, G Dorian.

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaII4L3lcWE