Re: [Harp-L] Shim Stock (mis-understanding)

Get a feeler gauge and cut some little blades from the .001" and .002" leaves with a pair of scissors.
This will be cheaper and the steel will be harder and springier than most any shim stock.

A small pair of locking forceps is a good way to hold the blades.
I sometimes make a little tool by gluing one (epoxy) to a popsicle stick.
Let the little blade extend beyond the holder only about 1/16" or less.  This will avoid damage to windsavers in chromatics.
Insert them in the clearance between reed and slot and slide them back and forth to remove burrs and obstructions.

Look for feeler gauges at hardware and auto-supply stores.

Vern