[Harp-L] Shim Stock

The normal source for Shimstock is your local engineering - machine shop -
supplier..
You can get steel (or considerably dearer) brass.
I bought a selection box of various thicknesses about fifty years ago  for
(relatively speaking) buttons. It comprised a lifetime supply, but
unfortunately four house moves later I have mislaid it. As regards Steel v
Brass if you are considering it as an alternative to automotive feeler
guages the answer is obviously steel.
I had not realised that feeler guages are an endangered species, but I
suppose with the advent of electronic ignition and the fact that nobody
seems to build or rebuild automobile engines anymore they probably are.
I had better head down to my local auto factor and buy a few sets before
they are all gone!
Beannachtai
Aongus Mac Cana