[Harp-L] Taking care of your mouth?

So, this is kind of a general-pointers and specific-situation
question: obviously for professional harmonica players (especially)
it's important to keep one's mouth in functional order! This question
is brought up by the fact that I will occasionally accidentally bite
my lip or the side of my cheek - I seem to do it in my sleep from time
to time - and whenever it happens, it turns into a highly unpleasant
sore that sticks around for a week or two. In the wrong place, this
would totally prevent me from playing harmonica (or at least playing
anything close to well).

So my question is, particularly among the more full-time and
professional players, are there any general pointers for mouth care
and specific ways to take care of mouth injuries?

Thanks!