Re: [Harp-L] Is Howard Levy the most technically advanced harmonica play

Lots of responders to this thread seem to think technique is a synonym
for theoretical understanding. IMO, Hearing a lick, transcribing it to
paper, player a harmonica lick on piano,
playing it backwards, transcribing licks to 12 keys and changing a
major to minor or placing the song in another musical context are not
techniques.  However, Randy mentioned, playing these ideas with great
clarity IS technique.
Michael Rubin
Michaelrubinharmonica.com