From: David Payne <dmatthew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Harp L Harp L <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sun, May 9, 2010 1:59:44 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Embossing Tool

Despite being a professional writer for 10 years, I had to look up "inimitable" in the dictionary. Yes, it was an pretty simple word to get stumped on. Thanks...

There is always the penny. About the right shape for that sort of embossing, but the penny is too soft and it wears quickly. At one time I had the idea of using a steel penny. So, I drilled a hole in a 1942 steel penny and tied some twine to it so I wouldn't lose it.
I hardly ever use the penny anymore. I use some sort of blade. I have, in a pinch, when I was out somewhere playing and wasn't happy with a reedslot, used a pocket knife. It'd have to be a real embossing emergency, though, to justify a pocket knife.

Dave