[Harp-L] most used low tuned harps

 For me Low F is a favorite. In jump blues it has deep verve/ in 3rd position and funk it has deep verve too. There are times high F is wonderful in the way it cuts through but there are also times where the lower alternative feels more musically organic to the songs I do. I have a low D and it is interesting but since D in general is such a terrific key for me and still kind of midrange (not extremely high, e.g., F, and not extremely low, e.g., G) it seems less necessary to have an alternative. Last night I did a 3.5 hour show backing a showcase of soul/blues singers playing blues and leaned into my Low F a lot so as to be playing with rather than at the singers which the high F might have been perceived as. There is an example of a low F solo in the song "Temptation" on my myspace site linked (both in the music player and on video. Bb throughout in the comping/Low F in the post guitar solo harp solo. My best.   p.s. Joe Spiers just did a terrific job helping me out with my Low F which had been sticky until Joe made it sing.
http://www.myspace.com/blowintheblues