Re: [Harp-L] Greatest Harmonica Stories

The year was 1972. Ray Tankersley (Harmonica Rascals) and I had started a
blues harmonica class at Foothill College in Los Altos Hills, CA. (wow, I was
only 19 years old) Ray invited me to go with him to the Saint Francis Hotel
in San Francisco to hear the Harmonicats. It ended up that we had dinner
with Dick Gardner (Bass) and the band let me jam with them back stage before
the show. I was blown away by their kind words about my playing. To this day
I have the autographed picture stating: "Doug, great job on the brass
sandwich". Something I will never forget.
Doug Burns