[Harp-L] Who's who of French harp: JJM's heirs

Last Tuesday, about 20 harmonica players gathered in Paris for a special
concert by Jean-Jacques Milteau. It was supposed to happen a month ago, just
after his 60th birthday, but because of the ash cloud JJ was stuck abroad
and had to cancel the concert that was planned.

(That was good news for me incidentally, since I was abroad on the original
date and wouldn't have been able to attend).

The concert was special but JJ didn't know it. The 20 of us gathered and
pooled money to buy him a memorable birthday gift, namely a bottle of
Scottish whisky made on the year he was born.

And we were all at the concert to celebrate the birthday of a man who has
done more than anyone for our instrument in France and elsewhere.

It was truly a magical concert, with all these erstwhile students or
admirers of his (some now pros in their own rights like Greg Zlap or Thierry
Crommen) in attendence. I like to think that JJ was moved and as a
consequence played particularly fine harmonica that night. The music was
amazing, the spirits (of a non-alcoholic variety) were high.

I made a lot of photos, and if you care to put faces to many of the names I
(and other French harp players) may have mentioned on the list over the
years, you can check out these photos.

The best shot is available here:
http://apprentiphotographe.com/2010/05/photo-jeanjacques-milteau-20100518.html

If you want more, you can find a link there to my flickr account with all
the pictures from the evening.

Truly a moment to remember that I'm moved of having been a part of.

--
Benoît FELTEN (http://twitter.com/fiberguy)
www.fiberevolution.com