[Harp-L] RIP Dirk Godts

I was talking to SPAH President Tom Stryker this past week and he informed me that Randy Singer told him that Dirk Godts had passed away in April.

I was saddened to hear this as I got to know Dirk over the years as Toots Thielemans Personal Manager and Assistant. Below is a Press Release with more details, my condolences go out first to his family and to Toots as well. He was a wonderful man and will be missed.

I decided I would make this next youtube of my performance of BODY AND SOUL, a dedication to Dirk, at the end is a picture of Dirk and Toots, I hope they don't mind me using it as I found it on the net. RIP Dirk Godts, you were a good friend to TOOTS and the whole Harmonica Community as well. this one is for YOU............

Toots and Bill Evans performance of this song on "Affinity" changed my life as a Harmonica player and a Musician, I still have so much to learn. Thank You Toots and Dirk, as Toots wrote in his song...It's "Hard to Say Goodbye".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oiy0acLm7E8

Press release Mr. Dirk Godts - Deceased
22- 09- 1955 03- 04- 2010

We regret to inform you that Mr. Dirk Godts, manager of Mr. Toots Thielemans, has suddenly and abruptly passed away during a concert in the Cape Town Jazz Festival on the third of April.

He had a passion for his work and committed himself fully for the well-being and comfort for the people around him.

He leaves his wife, son and four daughters, mother, brother and sisters behind.