From: EGS1217@xxxxxxx
To: destripped@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Jimmy Rogers lyrics
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 05:50:27 EDT

Okay, Miguel: I got as many of the lyrics as I could from the YouTube
video, typing along with Jimmy Rogers' singing...but it was well-night
impossible to hear them clearly from the video.  I found a link to the CD,  and a
short clip from the song...luckily it had just the line you were having
difficulty with, so after playing it back at LEAST a dozen times I think I've
solved it. :)

...but would hope anyone else would give it a try too, of course,
especially if they know these lyrics aren't entirely accurate.  They're the  last
few words in the brief audio clip for "You're Sweet':

_http://www.cduniverse.com/search/xx/music/pid/1044076/a/Sloppy+Drunk.htm_
(http://www.cduniverse.com/search/xx/music/pid/1044076/a/Sloppy+Drunk.htm)

Here they are as best as I can decipher.

Elizabeth

"You're sweet
Yes baby, you're so sweet
You're sweet
Yes baby, you're so sweet

The sweetest little thing
I've ever seen walk the street

I love you baby, I love you so much

With your poncho cape on and your
knee length  mini-skirt

But you're sweet
Yes baby you're so sweet

The sweetest little thing
I've ever seen walk the street

"Look out brother"

(harp interlude)

You're sweet
Yes baby, you're so sweet

You're sweet
Yes baby, you're so sweet

The sweetest little thing
I've ever seen walk the street

I've taken you home last Saturday night
I'm here to tell you baby you really got me uptight

But you're sweet
Yes baby, you're so sweet

The sweetest little thing
I've ever seen walk the street

"PineTop Perkins!" (on the piano/ interlude)
"That's what I'm talking about"

I love you baby
I love you so much

With your poncho cape on