[Harp-L] Tony Eyers releases Spanish harmonica teaching site

This week I've released a Spanish harmonica teaching web site called Academia de la Armonica. It's at http://www.armonica.com.es

I've developed this site over the last 4 years, releasing it initially in China, where it now has over 50000 members. In 2008 I released an English version called Harmonica Academy, at http://www.HarmonicaAcademy.com Harmonica Academy has also done well.

Spanish is a major world language, however there are few Spanish harmonica teaching resources. So I decided to create a Spanish version of Harmonica Academy. The translation has been done by Emma Mancie-Jones.

I'm an educator by profession, have a PhD in an Internet related discipline, 30 years harmonica performing experience, and tour internationally as a player. I also play baroque recorder in a professional ensemble, and have had formal classical music training. I applied these skills to the initial site design, it is now available in three languages.

The Spanish harmonica teaching site is big, with 81 lessons and more than 1000 audio tracks. The site exceeds 60000 words, translation was a big task, likewise formatting and other aspects of a large commercial site.

There are some wonderful Spanish speaking harmonica players, however I suspect that language difficulties prevent them becoming widely known. Also learning must be difficult, with so few Spanish teaching resources.

Academia de la Armonica changes this. A comprehensive harmonica teaching resource is now available to all Spanish players.

If you have any Spanish speaking friends who may be interested in Academia de la Armonica, please give them the details.

Tony Eyers
Australia
www.armonica.com.es
...todos tocan