[Harp-L] breaking - in, looking for a metallurgist

   Patrick wrote:
You don't need a metallurgist to establish whether or not breaking in a harmonica has a perceptible effect....snip....which of the harmonicas (the "broken in" harps or the stock harps) sounds better?

  This reminds me that we are questioning three aspects of breaking in -- does breaking in supposedly make a harp sound better, play better, or last longer?  So far the evidence indicated by science seems to indicate that breaking in a brass reed harp is a myth.
  But still unanswered is whether breaking in could benefit a harp with reeds that are made of ferrous metal, such as the Sydel 1847 with it's stainless steel reeds.
ron