Re: [Harp-L] Marine Band vs Blues Harp

In a message dated 30/05/2010 02:10:22 Malay Peninsula Standard Time,
lmsattler@xxxxxxx writes:

<<  I haven't tried a Blues Harp, primarily because I don't hear anything
about  anyone using them. I would love to hear if anyone out there IS using
them and  a bit about why. >>

My 10 hole diatonic of choice is the Hohner MS with "Blues Harp" cover
plates. I also prefer a metal comb to a wooden one, which is why most of my
diatonic harmonicas are custom built in that fashion.
However, the latest batch of "Hohner Blues Harps" are really very good
indeed, and in my opinion (at least in the USA) are good value for money.
I think I prefer MS to HM Hohner harmonicas partly because they are
slightly larger.
I am NOT a "Hohner endorsee" as such. I play mostly Hohner instruments
simply because I haven't yet found any other harp that I like as much.

John "Whiteboy" Walden
English harmonica player,
who resides in Cebu City
Philippines.