  From: PMichael Rodgers
  To: harp-l
  Sent: Monday, May 31, 2010 8:15 AM
  Subject: [Harp-L] Harmonica for Dummies - anything simpler?

  I have the Harmonica for Dummies book (and others).  I have been stuck
  in Ch. 3 (music theory) for some time.  Am I really expected to be able
  to play the examples before proceeding to chapter 4?  I know about
  halfs, quarters and eighth notes and such.  I can tell that one note is
  higher/lower than the next and if I think about it, I can name the note
  on sheet music.  Not great but enough to follow along in a hymnal.  But
  the examples!  arrrrrgh.  They are killing me.  If I just listen and
  move on, will I suffer in later chapters?