[Harp-L] Charlie Musselwhite and Mama's Boys Sat/Redondo Beach

Hey I Love Charlie and would support any gig he has, and the Mama's Boys are really great!  And the discount is considerate, Johnny's a cool cat.

My only reservation is Brixton's, I once went there for a Harp Blow Out (2/28/09) show, and I will not go back, unless Brixton's gotten their shit together.

I'd bought tix in advance, and when we got there (at showtime) at showtime it was basically one big mosh pit, everyone standing so packed it was absurd, esp for a 4 hour show, and crappy (non-)service, I got a refund and we left, very regretfully.

Most of those who'd come 2 hours earlier and got seats were now blocked
fom the stage by the SRO attendees, and the SROs were jostling to see the stage, literally packed in like sardines.  maybe I'm jaded but I AIN'T GOING TO
 A CLUB THAT HAS NO SENSE EXCEPT TO OVERPACK THE JOINT.

A full house is a wonderful thing, but is there a limit beyond which so many packed into one space is impractical and unpleasant?   YES.  And Brixton said it was just fine.  Doubtless a FD inspector would've felt o-wise and cleared the place, i wouldn't blow the whistle...

I hope the upcoming show is sold out, I also hope to hear reports Brixton's mended their ways.

-Dave "I like crowds almost as much as I like oxygen" Fertig