Re: [Harp-L] using the Headphone jack as a line out?

On 11/05/2010 07:28 PM, hazcon wrote:
Meanwhile I have also bought a VOX valvetronix 30 watt .First impressions just noodling at home are very good,I'll write a fuller review later when I have actually used it in action.

i hope you like it. love mine. there's a bunch of info on them, including user forums, at:

http://www.valvetronix.net/

Which leads me to my question.I have a sit in gig coming up and rather than trying to mic the amp(its a small stage and I'm not on for to long) iwas wondering if I could use the headphone jack as a line out to the PA?

on page 8 of the manual, where it describes the phones jack, it says:

Use this jack if you want to output directly to a mixer or recording device, or when
you want to use headphones. The signal that is output from this jack is taken from
directly before the Valve Reactor power amp, and the cabinet response of the guitar
amp will be applied to it.

http://www.voxamps.com/downloads/PDF/VT15_100_OM_E2.pdf

-- We make a living from what we get, but we make a life from what we give. - Kathy Moser