[Harp-L] Embouchure (Richard Hunter, Larry Marks)

People seem to talk about "what embouchure", and "should I pucker-up or use
tongue" as though it's a defined permanent decision.

I'm not a good player, so will use pucker and/or tongue block as the piece
and its constituent sounds demand.
Some things I can't even do with pucker, like split a chord or add
counterpoint.

Similarly, cupping the mic ranges from "smother-it" to "leave it on the
stand and use full hand effects".
My overblows sound like wounded pitbulls so I tend to leave them safely
alone until I woodshed.

Larry's first line sums it up for me:
"I can only speak for myself,.......... THE BEST embouchure is the one that
works for ya."
... and I'd add the whole of the rest of techniques into the same statement.

There is of course the danger that if everyone did so, we'd all sound
different.

Regards
Geoff Atkins